Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

3.5 2004 Chrysler Pacifica no start. No crank no starter

Customer Question

3.5 2004 Chrysler Pacifica no start. No crank no starter click. no ground to starter relay. Power to starter relay
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This is usually a failed PCM or range sensor in the transmission. Try this: Remove the starter relay and turn on the ignition. Then remove the starter relay and look on the relay where terminals # ***** and #87 are. Check and see if there is voltage on # ***** If there is, then get a jumper wire and jump the cavities in the relay fuse box where #30 and # ***** plug into. This should energize the starter and crank the engine. If the PCM is good and powered up, then the engine will start. If it just cranks and does not start, then suspect the PCM (but check fuses first). If the engine does start, then suspect a failed range sensor in the transmission and have it replaced. I hope this information helps, and let me know how it goes!

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay I did that and I get crank but no start just trying to turn over. Is that for sure pcm? Which fuses to check?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is pcm have to be flashed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Moving the fuse box one time caused the starter to randomly start going off. I was wondering maybe a wire internally was being crossed under the fuse box.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Let me look at the wiring diagram and see which fuse is for the PCM. Be right back.

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, looks like fuse # ***** It may be labled PCM or fuel pump. If it is ok, then replace the PCM. You do not need to flash it if you order it pre programmed based on the vehicle's VIN number.

Hope this helps!

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay 39 is labeled ac clutch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My production date is 04/03
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

My diagram must be wrong. Check every fuse then. Use a 12 volt test light if you can.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. How is it going with the Pacifica?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey I ordered a pcm that should arrive Tuesday that's plug and play. Hopefully that should take care of it. The only thing that has me questioning is when I pulled one fuse out to check yesterday it caused the car ignition to randomly start turning over making me think some wires were crossed or something. As soon as the Pcm cones in ill throw it in and let you know what happens.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok sounds good. Let me know how it goes, I will look for your reply next week. Have a great weekend!

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay installed new computer and it started 5 times then shut off and now won't even turn over.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

That is because the security alarm system (SKIM) needs to be programmed to the new PCM. Call a mobile locksmith to come out and do that for you. Then you should be good to go!

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had my locksmith come out and he's been unsuccesful. He has to communication to get into to program the key to the pcm. He thinks it needs a skim module
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, that can happen and makes sense. If he cannot communicate with the SKIM module and no fuses are blown, then you will need to replace the SKIM module and then program your existing keys to it.

That should get you up and running again.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to test the skim? Like if it's getting the correct grounds and power
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Let me find a diagram of the SKIM's connector terminals. Then you can check for power and ground at it. I will get that to you asap.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, copy and paste the link below into your browser's address bar and hit enter to see the SKIM connector. There should be voltage at the "fused B+" and there should be ground on the ground pin. If there is, then consider the SKIM module bad.

Chris.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y76mh5011ztc6ax/SKREEM%20MODULE.doc?dl=0

.

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris