-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

2012 Town and country - very noisy AC clutch and pulley.

Customer Question

2012 Town and country - very noisy AC clutch and pulley. Noise goes away above 1500 rpm as it engages. Noiser with AC on. Can I put on a shorter belt until I can replace compressor clutch and pulley? Have already replaced idler, tensioner, and alternator. Listened to noise through a broom handle.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

If you are sure you need a new compressor hub and are asking for a shorter belt size then there isn't one listed because all them come with a/c so there isn't another option.. If you want to try running a string along the pulleys to measure for another belt you could be I'm not sure the tensioner will operate correctly with a shorter belt...

The good news is that I went and checked and the hub is serviced seperatly.. if you will reply back with the last 8 digits of your VIN I can get you a part number and price..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have compressor assembly with clutch and pulley from a donor vehicle (LKQ boneyard) with 6000 miles. Will swap pulley and clutch Friday nite, using spacer from donor vehicle.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like a plan, and that should take care of your issues..

Glad I could help and have a great weekend,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem found to be cracked flex plate - noise radiates through everything. Should have run engine with no belt as part of diagnosis. Already changed alternator, tensioner, idler pulley.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Glad you found it...

And thank you for the positive rating,

Brad