Tom
Tom, ASE Master Certified
Experience:  Chrysler Level 3 Technician, Chrysler Training Instructor
20300296

02 ram 1500 quad 4x4. Power windows were moving a little

Customer Question

02 ram 1500 quad 4x4. Power windows were moving a little slow but no almost never work. A 4 are out but locks and mirrors work. LED light to switches work. tryed a new master switch unit without any change. fuse seem ok and I get 12 v power on the connection blocks. seems all 4 stop and on rare occasions work for a minuite and stop again
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

If you are getting full battery voltage to the motors while they are not working then the motor is bad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
02 ram 1500 quad 4x4. Power windows were...
02 ram 1500 quad 4x4. Power windows were moving a little slow but no almost never work. All 4 are out but locks and mirrors work. LED light to switches work. tried a new master switch unit without any change. fuse seem ok and I get 12 v power on the driver connection blocks. seems all 4 stop and on rare occasions work for a minuite and stop again. All 4 motors cant be bad but what do i test next since something seems to be stopping the signal from getting to the windows (all 4 at once.
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll try to help with your windows.

There is a 25 amp circuit breaker for the power windows. It will reset if it trips. It is either bad and tripping to early, or one of the power windows is drawing too much current and it is tripping the breaker which would temporarily knock them all out until it resets. It is located on the steering column up under the dash.

I would run one window up and down at a time until it stops working. That way you will know which one is actually drawing too much current and tripping the breaker.

Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

attachment is power window wiring diagram showing circuit breaker and master switch

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that makes some sense tom. I did find a 30a fuse in the fuse box under the hood. its not re-setable as its a regular fuse. it's listed as powerwindows and something else on the cover. I will look for you fuse on my 2002 1500 dodge ram and get back to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
side. The switch on the window do or panel seems fine but does not activate the window. all the other work find from the master or the door itself. does that make any sense Tom.