Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

What can cause diesel 5.9 cummins to loose its prime?

Customer Question

what can cause diesel 5.9 cummins to loose its prime?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. The # ***** cause of a loss of prime in that engine is a leaking fuel return line or fitting(s). Check and repair ALL fuel leaks that you may see in the system. Pay particular attention to the return hose coming off the rear of the cylinder head and going down to the left frame rail of the truck. Even just a sweaty hose will allow air to get in the line and travel back up to the injector pump. If you find no leaks and still have the problem, then suspect a problem with the injector pump itself.

I hope this information helps!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris