sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Is there a way to get the fan to stay engaged constantly?

Customer Question

Is there a way to get the fan to stay engaged constantly? I'm having an issue with the fan clutch staying engaged on my 2007 Cummins 5.9. I replaced the clutch 2 weeks ago with a factor dodge clutch but it still isn't working properly. I'm trying to limp it home so I can take it to a dealer for diagnostics.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

To get the fan clutch to stay engaged constantly you would have to apply ground to the control wire. The fan is intended to be duty cycled and not ran constantly at full speed, I can't say for sure how well the fan blades would do with it running at full speed for an extended time.

The pink/yellow wire at the clutch connector should have power all the time and the ECM duty cycles ground on the brown/orange to control fan speed. Assuming the problem isn't the fan clutch itself, which I don't expect it to be if it has been replaced twice, then applying ground on the brown/orange will run the fan at full speed constantly as long as the power feed is present.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks I'll give that a shot

You're welcome!