-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 4.7 V-8. What's

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 4.7 V-8. What's the best performance mods for it engine wise?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

Now by performance mod's are you referring to bolt on as in a programmer, headers, exhaust, cold air... Or heads, camshafts, supercharger? If your wanting more horsepower the easiest way is with a programmer. It's easy to connect up and tune in 25+ horsepower or set it on fuel mileage when your going on a trip.. You won't be able to tell any difference with cold air intake but you may feel more bottom end with some good headers and free flowing exhaust...

If your looking to tear the engine apart let me know how much your wanting to spend and I will do some research.. If I have answered your question free free to rate at anytime..

And if you need anymore assistance give me a shout back..

Take care,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean like supercharger and big stuff
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your reply!!

I went and looked and KenneBell had one for the 4.7 but it's been discontinued and I couldn't find another one.. And I think it was around 5-6k. Nor could I fine a turbo for the 4.7, or camshafts.. There is a site >>HERE>>complaining to CompCams to bring back 4.7 camshafts.. So your left with a programmer or you could swap it with a HEMI with endless posibilities..

I hope this helps and thank you for the positive rating,

Brad