Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 1993 dodge dakota 4wd with a 3.9 lt engine.Just

Customer Question

I have a 1993 dodge dakota 4wd with a 3.9 lt engine.Just lately my ABS lite came on & now my fan for heater & a/c does not work
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** are most likely 2 different problems, do you have a test light or a volt meter? I can help you diagnose this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a volt meter
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

ok, are with the vehicle now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on lap top in house, truck outside
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

ok, do you know where the blower motor is located?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its not the blower motor. I can wiggle one of the wires on the steering column with the ignition key on ( eng not running ) and I can hear a clicking sound & the abs lite will flicker, is there a relay nearby ?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

you said the blower motor does not either???

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Isaid the blower motor works fine.the problem I believe is in the wireing on the steering column or maybe a relay in close proximity
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

in your first question you said the abs light is on, and the fan for the heater and a/c does not work??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, I feel like were going back & forth when I explained the problem in the first sentence I sent you. I'm saying its not the blower motor, we can count out the fan motor. whats the 2nd problem that it might be?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Different expert here.

Did the loss of cabin fan operation and abs light coming on happen at exactly the same time, or a few days or more apart?

Any actual braking issues such as brake pedal kickback on low speed braking, brakes locking up, brake pedal dropping to the floor?

Any speedometer issues?

Please remember that I am not there to test it, nor I am there to see what you have or have not tested and/or replaced. So if you state catagorically that the problem is not a faulty blower motor, you need to preface it by stating that either it was replaced or it was tested with a test light or voltmeter or 12v applied to it. This is so I know that whatever you say is good, I know it was properly tested and not simply based upon some assumption.