Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have no turn signals wipers gauges door locks on a 2002

Customer Question

i have no turn signals wipers gauges door locks on a 2002 ram 1500
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Please start by sending me your VIN. Also, please feel free to accept my offer and call me.

Amedee

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3d7ha18n72g116631
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information. This problem is caused by a bad instrument cluster or a bad front control module

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I determine which
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You would have to do some diagnostics.. Check each circuit individually. A scanner would be best to use for these tests..

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I bet there are codes in the computer that is not working. Again, a scanner will help because it can pull codes from both the front control module and the instrument cluster.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You could even try to disconnect the battery cables from the battery for about 10 minutes to see if that does the trick. Sometimes the module will simply lock up and need to be reset.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We use the snap on scan toolwe were able to activate turn signals brake lights wipers but not the domelight with the gauges
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Which modules have codes in them? What are the code numbers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The skin oh would not communicate with the cluster two codes we wrote down 1491 1698
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying that one of the modules would not even communicat at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We were able to communicate with the integrated power module not with the cluster
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then check all powers and grounds at the cluster. If they check out good, the cluster is bad and will need to be replaced.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Pins 1 and 14 on the C1 connector are B+ voltage, on the C3 connector pins 13, 24, 25 and 26 will B+ voltage with the key on. Next check the grounds on C1 pin 13 and C3 pins 11 and 12.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We think all the power supplies are good but we don't have a decent schematic is there anywhere you can get one a decent pin out
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

A wiring diagram or a pinout chart?

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Here is connector 1

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Here is connector 3

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

I am glad I can help! Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "excellent service" for assisting you today. It has been a pleasure working with you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the top expert was good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where's connector #2 or does it matter
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You dont need to check anything on connector two. That is why I did not send it over.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Did you have any further questions?

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I see you have viewed my last post but have not responded back. Did you have any further questions? Is there anything I can clear up for you? Do you still need help? If so, please reply back so I can assist. If I have answered all of your questions, please dont forget to rate. Thank you very much!