sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2008 dodge grand caravan that would not start. The

Customer Question

I have a 2008 dodge grand caravan that would not start. The ignition has power as the dash is illuminated, the fuse box by the battery has the same 12.8V. from the battery, the fuses and relays when inspected show no damage, and i actually switched the starter solenoid relay and the other associated starting relay. Mind you i just replaced the starter but no help there. The lightning bolt sign and check engine lights remain on. What's the deal?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have a handful of things going on. It's possible that the powertrain control module isn't awake, you may have a bad wireless ignition node (WIN), it could be a transmission range sensor, TIPM or wiring issue.

If you've tested the key I'm assuming you have a full capability scan tool. Does it show the WIN going to the crank position?

Does the PCM communicate?