gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler dealership technician
12249065

I have a 1996 Dodge Ram 3500 with 4 wheel abs. After

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Dodge Ram 3500 with 4 wheel abs. After replacing rear drums and shoes, front calipers, rotors and pads I have a sinking pedal. I have bled the system extensively in multiple ways and am pretty sure there is no air. I have some spare parts around and replaced the rear abs valve, no help. Then put on a new master cyl, again no help. Bled and bled the system every way possible that is in the manual and some other ways that folks online suggested. Yesterday I drove the truck 100 miles and the abs light and red warning light came on. I am an ASE master so I am pretty familiar with braking systems and I have an OTC genisys. It does not retrieve codes, they say to ground a pin on the diagnostic port but that pin does not have a connector in it. I checked again for leaks at the rear cylinders and found none. Any help?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the rear adjusters screwed out until the shoes are just touching on the drums? If not, then all of your pedal travel is taken up moving the shoes from rest position up to contact with the drum