Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

2006 2500 ram diesel all 4 brakes just locked up

Customer Question

Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Are they locked up now and the truck will not move?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, this is going to be 1 fluid contamination (wrong fluid like power steering fluid etc) 2 a failed master cylinder, or 3 a failed Hydroboost assembly. Remove the master cylinder cap and look at the rubber seal in the cap. If it is all swollen up, then the fluid is contaminated and the entire brake system will need to be flushed and the master cylinder and all 4 calipers replaced. If the truck has ABS brakes, then the HCU (Hydraulic Control Unit) will also need to be replaced. If the fluid looks ok, then unbolt and remove the master cylinder from the hydroboost assembly. If the truck will now roll, replace the hydroboost. If it still will not roll, then replace the master cylinder and bleed the brakes.

I hope this information helps,

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Chris