Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2006 dodge 2500 5.9l 4by4, my overdrive housing has

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2006 dodge 2500 5.9l 4by4, my overdrive housing has a crack in it. I was wondering on a estimate to fix or replace it?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. How bad is the crack, and where on the overdrive housing is the crack?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a small crack bearly visibible, I think it is on the upper part of the housing like an inch above the bolt. It is leaking trans fluid that's how we found it.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Then I would have it repaired. A shop could TIG weld it for oh $50.00 or so. If you decide to have it replaced, then figure on around $500.00 for a housing and the labor to replace it.

I hope this helps!!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, were you able to see my last reply?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks my mechanic is going to replace the overdrive housing, and hopefully the trani is all good.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Very good! Probably a good move to replace it. Hope that I was helpful, and if so would you kindly rate my service today? I would really appreciate it and if you need further assistance, please let me know. I can continue to help you if needed even after you rate me.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, when you get a chance would you rate my service if I was helpful? If not, please let me know why so I can try and make it up to you.

Thank you in advance!

Chris