Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 2500 cummins rear wheels lock up and stay locked. i put

Customer Question

my 2500 cummins rear wheels lock up and stay locked. i put it in reverse to free it up but locks up and stays. 2004 200,000 miles
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

With the rear wheels off the ground, manually turn the driveshaft to try and duplicate this issue to determine if the gear set in the transfer case or the pinion gear in the rear axle is the issue. If both are fine then look at the brakes, and caliper brackets for a possible cause for this.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tested/explored all the above before emailing you. I still have no solution but I now suspect an abs issue. I've decided to have it towed to a garage.

Glad your getting it resolved. Sorry I was not able to help you figure this out prior to towing so I could earn a rating.