Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 2000 Dodge Durango while driving my Dodge Durango

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Dodge Durango while driving my Dodge Durango all of a sudden a life to shut off while driving I pulled over to the shoulder and I shut off my car. After a couple of seconds maybe even a minute i turn my car on again it starts and I continue on my route. Today I was going 70 on the freeway all of a sudden it started to stall and shut off again where the lights of my engine were coming on and off and I merged again to the left hand side and my car shut off again. I shut off my car completely started again and continued on my route without installing for about 20 miles till I got home and non of my engine lights are on.
What's happening?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. The most common cause of a stalling condition on this vehicle would be a bad PCM, bad camshaft position sensor or a bad crankshaft position sensor. All three of these components can go bad causing this stalling condition and it may not set a code in the computer and cause the check engine light to come on.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Another possible cause (which is very common) is a bad/weak fuel pump starting to go bad intermittantly. This can and will cause a stalling condition as well and may not even cause the a check engine light to come on.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!