Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2003 ram 5.9 eng. 4x4 1500 truck, i'm having

Customer Question

i have a 2003 ram 5.9 eng. 4x4 1500 truck, i'm having problems with the eng. running steady. it runs alright when it's cold but starts to miss when it get hot, and dies out when you come to a stop. i have replaced the camshaft sensor, the crankshaft sensor, the throttle position sensor, and even replaced the timing chain and gear set. i've also checked the fuel pressure which is 49 psi. i also replaced the distrubitor cap with the plug wires and the rotor. could it be the ignition coil, the eng. module or something else? i need help.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In most cases if the computer system is seeing a system fault it will set and store a fault code and or codes. If you can get the computer system scanned and post back with the results I will try and help you determine the cause of the problem you are having.