Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2015 ram 6.7 daily driver towing 26k. Had a cell at

Customer Question

I have a 2015 ram 6.7 daily driver towing 26k.
Had a cell at 7k mi. And local dealer found code p2459. Did the re flash, fuel filters and air filter service. Test drove and light is still on but dealer said I could drive it. So I'm at 16k now and truck goes into limp mode towing at full power in 4th at 2500 rpm 60 mph. Also have 5or6 codes now on the computer all emissions related as far as I know.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. What are the other codes that you now have?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 unknown codes on my code reader of the same number. #1 p203f #2 p203f, p2459, p2281, p24a26 and p0420
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thanks. Let me research this a bit and get back to you. Should be within 20 minutes or less.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, after looking at bulletins and other similar cases, you may have an issue with the air intake system. Any leak or restrictions between the air cleaner and the intake plenum can cause the P2281 and in turn cause too much soot to build up and cause the truck to go into a regen strategy too frequently. That will cause the P2459 to set and then reduce power. There are a couple of Star cases that discuss this. Your dealer should know about this and I recommend you ask them to pull up those Star cases. If you want, I can send you the case number(s). Once the intake system is good, then a forced rgen can be performed and clear out the DPF. After that you should be good to go. One other thing is make sure you are using ultra low sulphur fuel and oil.

I hope this helps!

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks! send me the case # ***** yes I always buy fuel at truck stops and Valvoline blue oil in the engine.
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, give me a few minutes to get that. Be right back.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Ok, the case number ***** P2281 is S1518000016

And this one was for P0420. S1508000202

I hope this helps!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Chris