sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I am installing a LUK single disk clutch in my 2011 dodge

Customer Question

I am installing a LUK single disk clutch in my 2011 dodge 3500 4x4 I need to know if I have to remove the spacer behind the release bear bracket stud as well as the clutch orientation does the metal side go toward the flywheel or the tans.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The disc should be labeled which side goes toward the engine. You'll note the center of the disc where the splines and damper springs are is flatter on one side and taller on the other, the taller side goes toward the pressure plate. You can't install it the wrong way.

If you needed to remove anything for this clutch to work then there would have been a note/instructions with the kit stating so. Was that the case?