Jon
Jon, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge Tech
62301042

I have a 1999 dodge Dakota with 185,000 miles and i recently

Customer Question

I have a 1999 dodge Dakota with 185,000 miles and i recently got into an accedent both air bags were deployed. Ive repaired the truck and put used airbags from a wrecking yard and a used airbag computer. Everything seemed fine up in till the airbag light
came on after 500 miles. It comes on immediately even if the battery was unplugged for hours. I don't have a drb3 meter to read the codes but i tested the resistance of the seatbelt pretensioner was fluctuating around 3.5 ohms-4ohms. I previously thought it
could be the clock spring because i bought a used steering wheel and maybe it wasn't aligned properly. The course control didn't work; however, after i replaced the clock spring it works most of the time. When it doesn't work i press the button and the gas
pedal moves for a second the disengadges. Im guessing its a small vacuum leak? Im not sure if the seat belts work, if i pull the seat belt very very quickly it locks but even when i hit the brake quickly it doesn't seem to lock.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Hi, is 1999 the correct year for your truck? Because a 99 Dakota definitely did not have a seat belt pretensioner.

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

How are you making out with you truck?