Jon
Jon, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge Tech
62301042

My 2006 dodge daytona charger RT periodically stalls out to

Customer Question

my 2006 dodge daytona charger RT periodically stalls out to the point that the bell rings and comes right back on usually at the 50 MPH. We have had the gas tank recall repaired. I have had it to dealer several times and they cannot locate problem. Also, a code does not register because it doesnt stay off long enough.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Hi, here is a Star case from Chrysler. I know it seems far fetched for this to be the issue but it's something to check.

STAR Case

Case NumberK94202871

Vehicle IssueThe vehicle exhibits an intermittent stalling concern. No DTC's present. The concern is typically difficult to duplicate.;The technician was directed to inspect for damaged ignition coils, or damaged spark plugs possibly causing EMF from the ignition system which causes the PCM to reset and stall the engine. Upon further investigation the technician discovered a cracked spark plug on cylinder #8. Technician replaced the damaged spark plug and the vehicle is a confirmed repair.

System or ComponentDie out / Stall;Customer Concern (No DTCs);Group 18 - Vehicle Performance / Driveability;Yes - Intermittent

RecommendationIf the concern can be duplicate monitor for cylinders that may exhibit low number missifre counts, as well as data display. Some cases the data display exhibits nothing more than dash lines just prior to the engine stalling.

Modification Date

09/12/08 4:00 PM

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

How are you making out with your car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are putting new plugs in the car, that is one thing that wasn't tried. Will get back to you if that solves our problem
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

I know it seems crazy but here's another case that describes the same issue.

https://w05.dealerconnect.chrysler.com/service/mds2002/common/search/SearchContentView.jsp?feedbackUrl=/service/mds2002/common/prog/feedback.jsp?~0~fbyear=2006~0~fbmodel=LX - DODGE MAGNUM/CHARGER~0~fbengine=5.7L HEMI V8 - MDS~0~fbvin=~0~FORMAT_TYPE=cms~0~isTA=false~0~isPDF=true&url=/service/mds2002/sc/en_US/000000003b9b6266.pdf

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Sorry that link wont work.

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

.

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

This might help explain why the plugs/coils might cause the issue you're having better. Check that file out.

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

How are you making out? Did you look at the file I sent?

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Hi, if there is nothing else I can do for you, please rate this service positive. We get paid nothing for a no rating or a negative rating. Thanks, Jon.