Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2000 stratus 2.5L no spark changed crank sensor changed

Customer Question

2000 stratus 2.5L no spark changed crank sensor changed distributor changed ecm injectors do fire no spark
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! You are going to need to check for power and a ground signal trigger going to the ignition coil while cranking. You could have a bad new ignition coil or a wiring issue going to the ignition coil. Since the injectors are firing, we know the engine is in time and the cam and crank sensor signals back to the computer are good. This means the problem is after or downstream.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

You can use a test light to check for power and a ground signal trigger going to the coil. You would just need to hook it backwards when checking for the ground signal trigger. Let me know what you find and we can go from there.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see what were the results of the test I recommended?