Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

IT'S ROLLAND AGAIN. THE ONE WITH THE 5.7 VVT HEMI ENGINE OUT

Customer Question

HI TOM, IT'S ROLLAND AGAIN. THE ONE WITH THE 5.7 VVT HEMI ENGINE OUT OF A NEW 2009 TRUCK PUT INTO A*****ROD. MAIN ISSUE= LOW INTAKE VACUUM OF 13 INCHES ON GAUGE. i'VE REMOVED FRONT TIMING COVER AND INTAKE AND FOUND NOTHING VISUALLY WRONG. I'VE DONE A COMPRESSION TEST AND HAVE 220 POUNDS. THIS ENGINE ONLY HAS 5 MILES ON IT FROM FACTORY. PLEASE REVIEW MY PREVIOUS STATEMENTS ON THIS LOW INTAKE VACUUM ISSUE. WHAT IS OR NOT HAPPENING WITH THE VVT SYSTEM HAVING CAM OUT OF TIME AND CAUSING LOW INTAKE VACUUM? I CHECKED THE DEALER AND THEY AID IT'S SUPPOSE TO HAVE 18 INCHES OF VACUUM.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

13 inches isn't to far off from where it should be.Check and make sure you don't have a fault with a restricted exhaust component like a restricted pipe,catalytic converter or in some cases muffler as this all will cause this issue here.If this was or is checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.