Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Dodge & Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Someone tried to steal my 2005 dodge stratus,they broke

Customer Question

Someone tried to steal my 2005 dodge stratus,they broke ignition clylinder housing.I replaced steering column put all of the same parts on column the same immobilizer everything works but car will'n't start anti-theft light stays on what can i try to fix problem
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
You need the use of Dealer Scan Tool to pinpoint & Reprogram, as likely the Immobilizer Ring is damaged & IF you used a "different" Ignition Switch Cylinder, it will have to be Programmed to the BCM / PCM
Apprx 1 hour labor, as there is NO Customer Input without "one" working Key that Starts the vehicle

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.