Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2004 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi just stopped running at

Customer Question

2004 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi just stopped running at stoplight. It acts like it wants to turn over, but won't. At first I thought I was out of gas. Put about $11 bucks in a gas can and put it in the tank. Same issue present. No MIL lamp, no other indicators on. Just had a new alternator put in on Friday, the 11th. Any ideas? Im thinking maybe a clogged fuel filter?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
First try spraying some starting fluid into the throttle body and see if it starts and runs for a few seconds. If it does, then it is fuel related - clogged fuel filter, weak fuel pump, or no signal to injectors.
IF it doesnt, then it is spark related