Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Have a 2014 dodge ram 1500 longhorn, Evic in stored messages

Customer Question

have a 2014 dodge ram 1500 longhorn, Evic in stored messages brake lite out, not so, rainy day truck tailgate was closed hard no problems in 3 weeks , would like to erase message. HOW
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and make sure the correct brake light bulbs are installed.I have seen on several models in the past before where the incorrect bulbs being installed can cause an issue with a false brake warning lamp like this.Even if the bulbs all light up properly if one is the incorrect type of bulb this will occur.If this is all checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete THis is a brand new truck,the dealer said bring it in ,it may be the computer link to the brake lite. All I wanted to know was there away to clear the stored message in the EVIC. If you can't tell me how to do that, then your help isn't needed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay. The only way I know to clear the fault that you see in the message center is with the scan tool connected to your vehicle that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle.