roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

Dodge Caravan window goes down, but only up after many many

Customer Question

Dodge Caravan window goes down, but only up after many many 1/4 in. Moves done every 10-15 min. I've got door panel off. No crimped cables or anything. Motor works fine with 12 volts both directions with cable mechanism removed. I greased everything, loosened & tightened all Mtg. Bolts, etc. Just seems to bind too much, or window too heavy to go up??
Category: Dodge
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the weight of the window puts more stress on the motor. the motor cannot take that extra stress need to move the window up. the answer is to replace the motor/regulator assembly and all will be good.

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I just replace the motor (from scrap yard)? Much easier than while regulator, which appears to be fune.
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

replacing just the motor is an option but if the cables get out of sinc, you will pull out your hair trying to get them back together. it is much easier to do the entire regulator assembly. not as hard as you think.

Roy