bill
bill, dodge master tech
Experience:  25 years with dodge drivability and electrical expert
5203640

How can I find the vin number on a dodge 6.1liter hemi

Customer Question

How can I find the vin number on a dodge 6.1liter hemi engine
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

the last 8 characters of the VIN is etched at the back of the block, just behind cyl 7. That would be on the driver’s side @ the rear. it should be 2 letters and 6 numbers BUT the letters can be any combination of letters and numbers the last 6 MUST be numbers the are the build sequence the first 2 are check digits, all any Chrysler dealer will need are the last 8 so that's all there will be, if it's NOT there the engine is either a rebuilt one (many rebuilders remove the original vin during the rebuild process), service replacement (NO service replacement block has a vin, BUT MAY have a tag stating it was a new mopar replacement engine) OR was intentionally removed

Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

following up to see if you still need assistance