Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I am having problems with a 2007 Dodge Dakota V8. There are

Customer Question

I am having problems with a 2007 Dodge Dakota V8. There are times when the transmission slips from one gear to another while driving at speed (can feel it--noticeable jerk when shift to lower gear). RPM's go up when going to lower gear. Check engine light comes on. Problem is that this seems to be intermittent and there are periods when the check engine light is not on and everything seems fine. In to the shop but mechanic could not observe issue with transmission (apparently was not exhibiting that problem). I have had fluid and filter changed.
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. You said that the check engine light comes on when this happens. That means a trouble code should have been set. Did the mechanic get the trouble code? And if so, can you tell me what it is?

Chris