sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My 2005 rebuilt dodge magnum will not accept fuel. Guage

Customer Question

My 2005 rebuilt dodge magnum will not accept fuel. Guage says it is full but I know it is not. It had been rearended on the left side. I have had to run it enough that the guage should be showing less than full.
What could be causing the blockage? I was able to insert a clear tube into the filler and withdraw it with gas on the end.
Shirley Hovde
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If it's showing full and won't take fuel then most likely one side of the tank is full or near full. This has a saddle tank which is basically two fuel tanks, when running fuel is transferred from one side to the other constantly. I expect that you have a transfer issue but with the extensive work that was done that leaves many variables, and it's possible that you have more than one problem. It may have an inaccurate sender or wring problem, and not taking fuel could be a filler neck, tank or venting issue.

What work was done exactly?