Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have power at pink/yellow wire all the time. what is the

Customer Question

I have power at pink/yellow wire all the time. what is the turns fan clutch on and off?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

What is the vehicle in question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dodge 2500 2006
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks.

.

The Engine Control Module (ECM) controls the level of engagement of the electronically controlled viscous fan clutch by monitoring coolant temperature, intake manifold temperature, air conditioning pressure and transmission oil temperature. Based on cooling requirements, the ECM sends a signal to the viscous fan clutch to increase or decrease the fan speed.

.

I can put the description of it and the wiring diagram in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as is allowed.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the private section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address, Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jerry, I found the specs online 12v @pin 5 and 5v on pin 6 to activate clutch. My clutch appears to be bad.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

That should actually be 12v on pin 6, (pink/yellow) and 5v on pin 5 and the coil signal, (pin 1) .

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

If that's the case, I would have to email you the PDF file with the instructions for replacing the fan clutch. The file is rather large, thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

If for some reason you don’t wish to rate the answer please state in a post that you are happy with the answers and the service I have provided so that I can send it in as a no click rating and get paid for my time, thanks