Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2005 Caravan that all of a sudden the radio doesn't

Customer Question

Hi Kevin ... I have a 2005 Caravan that all of a sudden the radio doesn't work or my dash gas / speed behind the steering wheel are at empty or zero. When I turned on the vehicle the speed odometer goes 360 all the lights flash and it appears to reset to zero. I once was shown how to reset this by pushing in on the odometer trip button and turning on / off the ignition but i'm not sure how many times I need to do this. Garry
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question
There is either a broken solder on the printed circuit board on backside of instrument cluster panel, loose wiring at connectors to the cluster panel, or internal fault in the cluster panel itself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My turn signal indicators were working quietly but now they are not showing any sign of flashing inside or at the back of the vehicle. I reset the computer and they all came back up then I turned off the vehicle. When I restarted the van the panel came back up then within 10 seconds everything on the panel went dead again and a quiet whine was heard inside the dash?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Most likely the cluster is faulty, but I would pull it and check the printed circuit board on the back and check the wiring to it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Eric. I used my van tonight and the signal indicators are working but instrument panel went through diagnostics then went dead. My keyless entry does not work. Could it be the computer? I was told of a way to reset the panel by pushing in the trip zero button on the instrumentation panel which would put the computer into diagnostics and reset everything. Can you tell me how to do this again? Thanks Garry
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
Hi
I have not heard of doing that to reset it, so I will opt out and see if another expert knows that method
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't heard from anyone else since we last spoke on Friday? Garry