Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

My 06 Dodge ram 2500 has a bad squeeky noise when it moves.

Customer Question

My 06 Dodge ram 2500 has a bad squeeky noise when it moves. Didn't start till we replaced the upper and lower front ball joints, and is gettimg louder and worse. Was wondering if you might have any idea how to fix it.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im sorry to see you have had such a wait..

- If the noise is as it moves.. rotational / with the speed of the vehicle - road speed, then there is every chance that the brake pads / calipers are causing your troubles... After such work on the truck - just the very jacking up / down etc can cause such things... so check on the the fronts for such... Jack it up and rotate the wheels by hand.. you may well find it that way.. then you can deal with it as found / needed.

Other than that - if its not with wheel / road speed... then its from the suspension - again, because its been disturbed with the jacking up etc as above - but you would need to use a long strong lever / pry bar to check each of the joints - inc the new ones ...to find the issue / cause that way...

Often - so long as its nothing bad, it will settle / stop doing it as it settles over time / next few days- but do check it to be sure -

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE