Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have 2005 dodge grand caravan 3.8 at first codes where

Customer Question

i have 2005 dodge grand caravan 3.8 at first codes where p0032 and p0132 so i tried another boch 02 sensor i get cone p0132 now so i tried another 02 sensor this time i tried a delpi brand and im getting code p0132 heater not working in o2 any idea,s
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Check the voltages at the bank 1 downstream O2 sensor. The Brown/White wire is the heater power while the motor is running, you should get 12 volts at start-up and then slowly drop as the sensor gets hot. Next, the Black/Dark Blue wire is the heater ground circuit and the Brown/Dark Green wire is the sensor ground wire. They should both show less than 50 mV while the motor is running and back probed at the connector. Last, check the Dark Blue/Yellow signal wire, this wire will have as high 5 volt when the sensor is cold. When the motor is started the voltage should drop rapidly to no more than 3.7 volts in about 30 seconds. Once the motor has reached operating temperature and/or "closed loop" the signal should be around 3.0 volts.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the colurs i have is brown/lt green--brown/drark green--dark blue/lt blue--black/lt green on scanner we are seeing no heater volts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the brown/lt green zero reading

I was looking at the wrong sensor colors. At bank one sensor 1. The ground is black/light green. The heater power is brown/light green. Check at the sensor for both of these when the key is on. If your missing the power then check it at the PCM.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i check it at the pcm

You would push a pen in beside the PCM connector at this wire. Then test the voltage on that pen.