Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

96 3500 ram diesel keeps blowing starter fuse. replaced the

Customer Question

96 3500 ram diesel keeps blowing starter fuse. replaced the starter. with starter wire disconected stills blows fuse
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

What liter engine?

Is this fuse 2 40amp?

I assume its blowing during the starting process, correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5.9 diesel
yes 2 40 amp
as soon as you hit key to the start position, with the starter disconnected

Thanks, ***** ***** a short to ground on the starter signal wire between the starter and the starter relay. Follow this wire looking for a spot it has chaffed insulation and is touching the chassis.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris