Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I just replaced the computer box in my dodge 2002 ramvan

Customer Question

I just replaced the computer box in my dodge 2002 ramvan 1500 model 5.2 l. It started right up and ran fine for 3 days, no problem at all. then saturday morning I went to start it up and it does nothing but grind. I tried priming it with starter fluid but it wouldn't even turn over. I am sure there is no spark. I should say that the computer box I put in is a rebuilt one. What could be causing this?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Most likely you just got a defective PCM ( engine computer ) if by replacing the PCM fixed the original problem, I think your rebuilt PCM is bad. The other things that it may be is a failing crank shaft position sensor or a failing cam shaft position sensor. The fact that it ran good for 3 days leads me to believe you just got a bad rebuilt PCM and the place you got it from should exchange it for another one.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris