vipertech763
vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience:  gold certified, dodge viper certified
3256298

Error code P2509 on a 2006 Dodge cummins automatic

Customer Question

error code P2509 on a 2006 Dodge cummins automatic
Category: Dodge
Expert:  vipertech763 replied 1 year ago.

Afternoon, My Name is ***** ***** I am here to help answer your question about code P2509. I have researched and found 2 possible causes. The first item that is checked when I work at the dealership is to see if there are any service bulletins related to the code you have. I checked and there is. The bulletin number is ***** The bulletin is about updating the software in the engine controller. I'm attaching the bulletin and will have to in parts. I can only attach 2 items each time so please bear with me on the replies as I get each part attached.

Here is the last 2 parts to the bulletin. To have the bulletin done you need to flash/reprogram the engine controller and not just anyone can do that. It requires special diagnostic scanners and access to the update which is restricted. Some high end repair shops can do this and then the other option is having the dealer perform the update.