Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a dodge 2004 ram 3500 diesel i have had to replace

Customer Question

i have a dodge 2004 ram 3500 diesel i have had to replace the heater core 3 times in last year what could be the problem
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Possible causes are a blown head gasket or faulty radiator cap causing to much pressure in the cooling system.

The coolant or water added is incorrect and causing internal corrosion.

There could be an electrolysis issue where as static electricity is occurring and arcing out of the heater core.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no chris this is stuff an amater would even check i checked and replaced everything i knew including checking for voltage and addining a zinz rod to my radiator

So would you like to try another tech?

Wish I had known what you had already done before me posting and wasting your time.