Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Dodge Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

I just bought a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 and the AC runs

Customer Question

I just bought a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 and the AC runs constantly, won't turn off.
I replaced the AC clutch relay and was wondering if there is anything else
I can replace or should I just disconnect its power source to use the truck
this winter?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this can be caused from many different switches, to include the master control switch. It will be very time consuming for you to try and hunt it down and is best left for a specialist. Just being honest with you because there is no single solution to this because it is not a common issue. You can just unplug the connector on the compressor. That is better than trying to remove a relay or other power source because there are other areas that tie into this system and you dont want them to be affected.

LJ

I hope that i have provided the information you were seeking. If you are satisfied with my service please use the required rating for me to receive credit for working with you. If you have another question about this please let me know so l can continue to help you.
You can still ask questions even after you do the required rating and there is no further charge!