Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!
27644750

We have a 2009 Dodge Journey and having problems with the

Customer Question

Chris,
We have a 2009 Dodge Journey and having problems with the door locks, mainly the rear driver and passenger side doors.
Drivers side rear door will not operate at all with key fob or interior switches, passenger side only intermittently with fob and switches. Just had Wireless Ignition module (Recall) replaced today, no difference.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hey john. First thing I would check is the wiring in the door jamb area. I have had a lot of journeys where the wiring would break after all the years of opening and closing of the doors , the wires get bent so much then break apart and once in awhile they make good connections. Which would give you the random times that the locks do actually work. Also if you plan on fixing yourself let me know and I can give you some test steps providing that you have a meter or a test light. Let me know how you wish to proceed. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.