Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2005 2500 dodge with the Cummings. I have had air

Customer Question

I have a 2005 2500 dodge with the Cummings. I have had air to air out and cleaned the rad out and taken to a shop, new fan clutch and thermostat new injectors The pickup will still heat. 230000 total miles 80000 on rebuilt motor. Any suggestions
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

When you say the pickup will still heat does that mean it is overheating?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct

Based on the things you have done, if its physically overheating, and not just falsely warning you. Then that means the water pump and head gaskets are the only things left it can be. With the thermostat out, monitor the coolant flow through the cooling system with the radiator cap off. If its moving aggressive then the compression needs to be checked to see if a leak is packing air into the cooling system, preventing coolant flow.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You think they both need replaced?

That would be a guess for me to answer that last response without knowing the test results on these things.