sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Driving down the road last night and the ac in my 2007 2500

Customer Question

Driving down the road last night and the ac in my 2007 2500 6.7 diesel ram just stopped blowing cold air. it seemed almost instant within less than a minute for sure.. the blower still works. just now it blows outside temperature air. I have an obd bluetooth adapter and it gives these codes but I think they are battery, alternator related. p2509, p0562, p0868 Those codes came up days before the ac quit. Any clue what I should check and in what order? My chiltons manual has zero ac troubleshooting in it. thank you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
jeff cochran,***@******.***, 2007.5 dodge ram 2500 4wd crew cab with 6.7 cummins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
visually checked what I believe to be a fuse related to hvac and it looked fine. did not put a meter on it. can't till i get home in about 30 minutes.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Assuming it was working normally and it stopped abruptly then the most likely cause would be a failed compressor clutch coil. Failed coils aren't uncommon and would cause a sudden failure. There are definitely other causes though such as the TIPM, wiring, the pressure transducer, control head, the evaporator temperature sensor, and low charge.

The first thing you'll want to do is unplug the compressor connector and set up a test light to test for power. Start the engine and turn on the a/c and see if the test light lights up. If it does but the compressor clutch does not engage when plugged in then the compressor will need to be replaced.