sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2003 dodge neon that wont shift gear

Customer Question

i have a 2003 dodge neon that wont shift gear
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

I'm assuming the trans is stuck in second gear. When the trans controller sees an issue it thinks can cause damage or it doesn't have complete control it will shut off the relay tht powers the solenoid pack and locks you in second gear.

There are many things that can cause limp in. It could be a wiring issue, speed sensors, a solenoid or pressure switch, internal transmission, or the TCM itself.

The first thing that will need to be done is use a scan tool to see what fault codes are setting in the TCM and go from there. It will likely require electrical testing to determine exactly what is going on. The solenoid pack is the most common cause of limp in on this trans.