Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

2003 dodge 1500 blows cool but not cold air out of driver

Customer Question

2003 dodge 1500 blows cool but not cold air out of driver side vents and hot air out of passenger side vent whith the air condition on
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Do you know what the actual pressures were on the A/C high side and low side?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didnt see actual number but it was high on meter but it didnt feel like any thing came out of the can
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Oh, ok I'm assuming you purchased one of the R134 cans with a gauge and hose attached. This setup is DEFINITELY not ideal for reading a/c pressures. R134 A/C systems are VERY sensitive to having the CORRECT amount of refrigerant in the system by weight. If there is too little refrigerant OR too much refrigerant in the system, the A/C will NOT cool properly..

At this time my recommendation is to start by taking it to a shop that has the capability to evacuate the system completely, use a vacuum pump on the system for a minimum of 30 minutes, then recharge the A/C system with the proper amount of refrigerant by weight. After the system is properly charged, it can be diagnosed to see if it is cooling properly. I suspect that both sides should cool properly once you have the system charged with the correct amount of R134 Refrigerant...

______________________________________

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer!

Thank you!

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also its not always cool on driver side either
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

It is possible for one or more of the HVAC doors to be broken but the cause is more likely due to an overcharge or undercharge condition. The best starting point is to be absolutely sure that the system has the proper amount of refrigerant charge. More so since you attempted to charge the system yourself...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert