George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master 15+ years
13574682

Just reading a post of yours....I have a dodge caravan 2006

Customer Question

Just reading a post of yours....I have a dodge caravan 2006 rear wiper motor won't work when connected but will on the bench...I have power to the motor in the vehicle at the connector and the light in the front control switch will turn the power on and off but the motor still doesn't go....
Category: Dodge
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Can you check the power to the motor with it connected? To do this slide a pair of straight pins into the motor connector along the wires so you can measure at the pins leaving the motor plugged in.

If you now find you don't have 12 volts on the meter any longer when you activate the motor that means you have a voltage drop. Might be you only have a single strand or two of wire at the point the harness hinges to the door. I would start looking at the hinge harness if you do find you no longer have the power to run the motor.

Please let me know if that is clear and what you find

Thank you