Jon
Jon, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge Tech
62301042

I have a 2000 Dodge Intrepid. My turn signal and hazards

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Dodge Intrepid. My turn signal and hazards started to slow and would come to a complete stop. After some time they've both stopped working completely. I've completely replaced the actual Combo unit just underneath the cover behind the steering wheel. I've also replaced the small "flasher" unit just above the brake pedal, still not functioning. My windshield wipers, high beams and other functions connected to the combo unit all continue to work. It is solely the turn signal and hazards that will not function, what else could possibly cause this?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Hi, are the turn signals and hazards completely not working now, like the lights don't come on at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they've completely stopped working. There isn't even the small clicking sound when initially turning them on, it's complete silence.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Did you replace the entire multifunction switch or just the combo flasher?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've replaced both and replaced all related fuses as an extra step of precaution.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

ok, I'm going to pull a wiring diagram up. do you have the column shroud off and a test light ready to go?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Ok at the flasher near the brake pedal, pin 8 black/yellow wire should be hot with the key on, pin 6 pink wire should be hot at all times. Can you check those and let me know?

Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Hi, did you ever get a chance to do the last test?