Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I am having a computer box problem. I was told by a friend

Customer Question

Hey guys, I am having a computer box problem. I was told by a friend of mine who works at a dealership not to both having the box brought in for "swiping" until first trying to new box to see if it will work without the security coding ( it didnt ) but after taking off the new box and replacing with the old again ( it still runs with the old box but with problems...but at least it will get me where I need to go), the airbag light is now flashing and making a dinging noise. I was told this could mean the airbags could deploy at anytime and I needed to have the truck towed in to the dealer. By the way, it is a 2002 dodge ram 4x4 with the 360 magnum engine. Is there any way to fix the airbag problem without having to pay for a tow service? My dealer is the next town over so it will add up in a tow bill. Is this a dangerous situation or? And if so, is there anyway to reset this by rebooting the computer board? Thanks a lot for any help.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ted G. replied 1 year ago.

Go to the power distribution box under the hood. There should be 2 fuses marked air bag or SRS. (Don't have one here) Pull those two fuses and it should disable the system. The fuse locations are on the cover.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Ted, my fuse box cover has no diagram to show where my airbag fuses are located ( it has either worn off or been replaced with another cover without a diagram ). I have tried googling for a diagram layout for this truck and everything I am bringing up so far shows no airbag fuses...I am possibly overlooking the correct diagram. Can you please give more info on location or find the correct fuse diagram online that I may be overlooking?
Expert:  Ted G. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have an owners manual ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, no owners manual
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

fuses 52 and 53- see attached