-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a Dodge Ram 1500 2010. 56000 miles on it. Has always

Customer Question

I have a Dodge Ram 1500 2010. 56000 miles on it. Has always ran smooth and started on first try. Until yesterday it won't let me start until I disconnected battery. Then once it allowed me to it won't go in to drive. Only reverse neutral and a low gear.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also if I let it run in the low gear it shuts off.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

It sounds like you have DTC's (codes) in the transmission and we will need to know what they are in order to repair it.. Can you have the codes read and post them here so I can see what's going on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have no way of knowing code. It's at my house being a bitch
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

When you start it is the check engine light on? If so then we need to know what codes are in it to determine the issue.. You can rent code readers from your local Autozone or Advanced auto...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cool I didn't know ill go rent and let you know. And it depends on lights. Sometimes the engine light blinks when started and sometimes it shows nothing. Also sometimes the anti skid light glows and again sometimes when I start it will show no errors just won't shift to drive
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Tell them what codes your needing and they will get you a scantool that will retrieve the codes.. A cheap code reader will only retrieve ODBIII codes which is engine codes.. You will need a scantool in order to get ABS codes...

Keep me posted,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No codes showed. So took to shop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not done yet? Depends on what shop says. I might need to get your opinion.