Ric
Ric, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase certified/certified chrysler/dodge specialist/30 years
31675116

Have 1995 dodge 2500 with cummins. Truck wouldn't shut off

Customer Question

Have 1995 dodge 2500 with cummins . Truck wouldn't shut off once running. Sometimes when off I would turn the key and it would only click once, after turning the key off and on a couple times it would eventually turn over. I replaced ignition switch, and ignition, now it won't start so I pull started it and now it won't shut off either...
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ric replied 1 year ago.

Good evening...My name is ***** ***** i can help you with this issue. It sounds like the fuel shutoff solenoid has failed in the open position. When these age the rubber dust boot tears to allow dirt to get into the solenoid and cause the issue you are describing. I suggest replacing the shutoff solenoid and the relay for the solenoid. This will take care of any starting and shutoff issues you have....Ric

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's not the problem. I'm not sure if I didn't word it good enough for you. When I turn the key it only makes one small click under my dash... No starter click