-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Wife has a 2006 ram 1500 4-door with a power sliding rear

Customer Question

Wife has a 2006 ram 1500 4-door with a power sliding rear window. We have power and the motor works fine. The window will open, but not close because the actuator cable has become detached on the right side. Is there a repair kit available? Does the entire window have to be replaced? our local dodge dealer has a window glass outfit do their repairs
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Can I get the last 8 of your VIN to see what parts are available?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1D7HA182265685858 is the VIN number
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Invalid VIN.. Can you recheck? I need just the last 8 digits..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the last 8 numbers are: 6S685858
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Thanks!!!!

That VIN comes back on a 2006 Bright White Ram with a HEMI.. If your needing the cable then you will need part number(###) ###-####A which is the motor assembly that comes with the cable... Unless the cable is fine and the window channel is bad in which you would need part number(###) ###-####A for the lower power window channel...

I hope this helps,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cable is intact, though it's the attachment point where the return point of the cable, where is attaches to the drivers side of the slider, that has broken away from the lower part of the center window slide. Does the cable kit have a channel for the center window to sit in?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like your cable/motor is fine and you will need the lower window track channel which is part number(###) ###-####A.. Feel free to "Google" the part number to find a supplier close to your location...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that part number looks up an upper window channel, no cable of lower channel slider
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

The part number(###) ###-####A is the lower channel and(###) ###-####A is the upper channel.. The motor with cable is part number(###) ###-####A..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know how the motor cable attaches to anything? Like is there a diagram or schematic for the assembly?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry I thought you had it apart allready.. I have attached the directions to remove and install the backglass motor cable assy..

Glad I could help,

Brad