Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

Our 2010 grand caravan radio does not turn off when we turn

Customer Question

Hello, our 2010 grand caravan radio does not turn off when we turn off vehicle and open drivers door. As well neither the key fob or the automatic door locks in the door will lock the doors.. We have to lock them all manually. Ideas? Thx
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

It sounds to me like you have a short or broken wire in the door jam. This vehicle runs the door ajar signal, and door lock power source through the door jam and into the driver door lock switch.

You will have to check the harness where it goes from the door, through the door jam and then behind the driver side kick panel. The most common wire to cause this fault is the white with orange stripe, but then again I have seen them with multiple broken wires.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

You'll also want to check the violet with dark green stripe wire and any black, ground wires. Here is a wiring diagram for your model which might help.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I hope I have been of some assistance and would really appreciate a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help in the future.