Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Dodge Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

I am considering buying a 1998 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN 131,000

Customer Question

I am considering buying a 1998 DODGE GRAND CARAVAN 131,000 miles,very clean and sound. Owner state the brake ligh stays on. possibly needs brake fluid. Could this be a major problem? Thanks.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 1 year ago.

Hi, i might be a bit Leary if the owner says it might just need brake fluid because that is sure something easy to do and i would think he would have checked that before selling it! I mean the brake light being on is NOT a good thing to have displayed if you are trying to sell it. Sure its possible but i wouldnt count on it. Most likely there is a problem in the ABS brake system and that will cause that light to come on also..and that can get quite costly. Just being honest with you here :-)

LJ

Hi

Did you have any further questions?

If not, kindly rate my service.

LJ